Sweepstakes is a good way to get people excited and engaged for a buzz. All sweepstakes are basically alike – enter, and then get a chance to win. But the question is how to make it as easy as possible for your target audience to enter and then make use of the sweepstakes campaign to the most.
So here is the answer: a mobile one. Yep! Mobile sweepstakes or Text-To-Win campaign! A lot of big name brands have launched Text-To-Win mobile marketing campaign, such as Chipotle’s recent Homegrown SMS Campaign, which turns out to be a huge success in terms of customer engagement and customer acquisition.
Other sweepstakes types may require individuals who are interested in entering sweepstake need to login to the website and send an entry by mail. The concept of SMS sweepstake made it easier for consumers to enter their favorite contest without much effort. To enter a SMS sweepstakes, you need to enter the mobile number known as short code and a particular keyword to send message to the number. You can then ask participants to send additional information if needed.
Here are the reasons your target audience and you can’t refuse a text-to-win campaign:
From your customers’ perspective:
- It is easy to enter: Your target audience just needs to pick up the phone and text the keyword that you set up beforehand and that’s all for the entry.
- It is easy to redeem: SMS coupons are redeemed 8 times more than email offers. If your customers are picked as the winner and receive the coupon code directly to their mobiles, they will be more likely to redeem it just with their mobiles instead of carrying a hardcopy of the coupon.
From your perspective:
- Apply to all the industries: Either you are offering your fans a free-trip, like Florida Georgia Line does, or you are in retail industry, as long as a giveaway promotion works in your industry, you can leverage Text-To-Win campaign to boost your brand awareness and customer engagement easily and efficiently. For example, when you are about to launch a new product, by conducting Text-To-Win campaign, you can give away the samples to your potential customers and create an intimate and real-time one-to-one communication.
- Grow customer base: After the Text-To-Win campaign, the number of your SMS subscribers will experience an extreme growth. For instance, World Wrestling used a text-to-win campaign to build a mobile database of opted-in fans by generating participation from over 900,000 fans, with more than 500,000 choosing to opt-in to receive ongoing communication from the brand.
- The most important point is all the subscribers are interested in your business and want to learn more from your end. So you quickly gain an invaluable customer base.
- Create further engagement: Once you get a mobile customer base from Text-To-Win campaign, you can enjoy having ongoing communications with your customers (winners and non-winners). By looking at effective ways to get started and SMS marketing best practices, you can keep your customers engaged, build brand recognition and brand loyalty, and increase sales.
Remember, text messaging and SMS marketing is a direct and effective way to reach your audience. Incentives are a great tool to start building your participants list so a mobile sweepstakes/Text-To-Win campaign is the perfect solution.