Holiday season is usually one of the busiest seasons for brands and consumers. Consumers are always on the lookout for great offers and are willing to spend money when they find good deals. A great way to engage customers and access them directly is by leveraging SMS Marketing. Some of the benefits for both consumers and brands are:
- Text message has a very high open rate: 98% and they are read within 15 minutes. This means that consumers have direct access to their offers.
- Since there are character limitations SMS messages tend to have more precise information, eliminating and placing greater focus on well-constructed conversation.
- There is no need to install apps and force users to take extra steps in order to access the information, making SMS marketing a very effective and easy marketing channel.
Like any other marketing campaign, SMS marketing needs to be part of your overall strategy. Below are a few tips on how to get started with SMS marketing campaigns this Holiday Season and keep ahead of your completion:
- Structuring your content
– Always place the most important information at the beginning of the text. This will grab your subscribers’ attention right away and create the urgency to act.
– Since text messaging has a limitation on number of characters, abbreviations are a great tool that allows you to write a long message into a small space. Use abbreviations that are easily recognizable and only where it is absolutely necessary.
– Be very friendly and professional. SMS marketing like any other marketing tools is a representation of your business and brand. You need to keep a professional image regardless of the medium you use to communicate with your customers.
- Leveraging your current marketing channels
– Your e-mail list is a great way to introduce your SMS marketing campaign. You can easily convert your current e-mail subscribers by asking them to text in and join your SMS program.
– Create a web sign up form for your SMS program. Incorporate your Mobile opt-in into your website. This is a great tool to start capturing mobile subscribers and grow your SMS database.
- Build an exclusive Texting list
– Exclusivity is a great appeal to customers. Knowing that they can be part of an exclusive program and have access to private, limited, offers will make your customers feel special and valued. Ask clients to join or subscribe to your Exclusive SMS Program and send them specific offers that are available only through the SMS channel.