SMS Marketing or Text message marketing has become a popular and powerful communication, engagement and marketing tool for businesses and organization. 90% of American adults own a smart phone and 81% of cell phone owners use their phone to send and receive text messages. http://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheets/mobile-technology-fact-sheet/
These are powerful facts that businesses and organizations cannot afford to ignore. SMS marketing has proven to be an effective channel for the Food and Entertainment industry – bars, restaurants, night clubs, school cafeterias, comedy clubs, etc. As in many other industries, if implemented correctly, this is an effective way to grow customers, increase sales and build brand loyalty. By using SMS offers and alerts, different organizations in the Food and Entertainment industry can efficiently and quickly reach out to their client base by sending targeted text messages. Also, they can use different SMS marketing engagement methods such as text to win, text to join, mobile surveys and more to attract new customers to join and participate in product competitions or promotions. SMS marketing is now being used to communicate crucial sales data, product launches, up-to-date company information and other critical data involving customers and events.
Below are some of the main benefits that highlight why SMS Marketing is a great tool for the Food and Entertainment industry:
- Drive Sales with a simple Text Message – A short straight to the point message can help bars and restaurants drive foot traffic to their doors. Everyone likes to a good deal and feel appreciated. A simple text message such as – Come by our store today and receive a free drink with your meal – can be very powerful and persuade your existing customers to come in and purchase from you. Also, another way to bring new customers is to offer a discount if they join your VIP SMS Program. When they text your keywords they receive a promo code or a text message with instructions on how to redeem their prize.
- Engage Customers – Different engagement methods such as text to win / Text sweepstakes and text surveys, are a great way to engage your customers, make them feel appreciated as well as obtain useful and meaningful feedback that helps businesses ensure they are providing the right services and help them improve their services.
- Drive brand loyalty – By engaging your customers, offering specials and inviting them to special events companies also ensure that they are always in their customers’ minds and building their reputation. As discussed above, SMS marketing helps drive brand loyalty via different programs. When the customers are involved in the business, they always think they are part of it and have an emotional investment.
- Immediate and meaningful messages – Text messages are read within minutes of being received. Also, many customers don’t like reading a lengthy message, so SMS is a perfect way to ensure you have a quick way to reach and attain their attention. The SMS marketing offers a way of communicating information in short and precise manner. Business owners also save time preparing the message because it is short.
- Fast, economical and efficient – sending a text message to hundreds or thousands of customers takes minutes if not seconds. In the food and entertainment industry, there are many events some happening within a short notice. The SMS marketing may be the only fast, efficient and economical way to inform a group of customers if the event occurs in a couple of hours.
In summary, SMS marketing is benefiting many businesses in the Food and Entertainment industry to communicate with their large customer base and promote their businesses and drive brand loyalty and brand recognition by using this new form of marketing. Since the technology continues to improve, the benefits of text message marketing can only increase. SMS alerts and offers, text to win, text to join services help add a competitive edge to business and the products in food and entertainment industry.