How to create a Zap with ProTexting?
- New inbound message (SMS or MMS): triggers when you have new inbound SMS or MMS in ProTexting.
ID => Message ID
Mobile Phone => Phone number, including country code
Country Code => Country code only
Local Number => Local number, without country code
Message => Message content SMS or MMS
Type ID => SMS/MMS, SMS=1, MMS=2
Type Description => SMS or MMS
Resource_Link => If message is MMS, file URL
Date => Time and date of message
* You can match or filter data based on all ProTexting fields to create Zapier actions.
- Send notification message (SMS or MMS): sends SMS or MMS based on any Zapier trigger.
- If MMS used: select “File” or “Direct Media Link” as the action template setting, either option is supported.
- Long SMS supported too, will be sent as MMS (automatically converted by ProTexting).
Mobile Phone: mobile_phone
Link Resource: resource_link
- Create contact: adds new contact in your ProTexting account.
In our example, will show how to create a Zap with Twitter. Post a tweet for any incoming SMS in your ProTexting account.
Select Group: group_id (Dynamic Dropdown)
Mobile Phone: fnumber
First Name: ffirstname
Last Name: flastname
Email Address: femail
- Click on “MAKE A ZAP” to begin the process @ Zapier.com
- Choose a trigger and action
- Select an account
- Then, you will need to name the account. This is done in case you will be using multiple ProTexting accounts.
- On the pop-up prompt, you will need to authenticate your ProTexting account.
- Once logged in, you will be redirected back to Zapier, where you will see a success message and an option to continue.
- When both accounts are connected, you will see a confirmation screen:
- You will need to map the fields so the data is entered correctly.
- Once you’ve set up the zap, you will be able to test real time and get the action immediately.
- After you test, your Zap is ready and you can use it.
11. When you set up a ZAP for SMS notifications, you’ll need to check and make sure that the MOBILE NUMBERS are formatted correctly, following examples of accepted formats:
|Paul||(212) 333 4444||OK|
|Masha||(646) 331-7372||NOT OK|
[UPDATED Jan 24, 2018] ProTexting will check and format all mobile numbers, even if you use special characters such as: () – . This way the messaging processing and delivery will improve and result in less rejected messages.
You are done! Enjoy using your ProTexting account with Zapier!
Don’t forget that you can create a ZAP using hundreds of other services already connected with Zapier. View full list here and pick the services you utilize for your business, such as Twitter, Salesforce, Asana, Dropbox, MailChimp, Gmail, and many more…